Charges have been filed in the case of a child left alone in a burning home. Edgar Mendoza, 21, has been charged with child endangerment and bodily injury. A fire broke out at this Davenport home on Friday, August 30th. When crews arrived they rescued a two-year-old from the burning home. The investigation revealed the toddler's parents left him home alone, sleeping on a couch while the father took the mother to work. The cause of the fire was due to a burner left on with hot grease in a skillet.